I'll admit I had never tried zucchini until about a year ago and I LOVE it! It has a nice mild flavor that can be paired with a variety of foods. You can see a Calzone in the corner here. MMMmmm both so good dipped in marinara sauce! If you use this Italian Bread Crumbs recipe you won't need any additional seasonings or parmesan because the bread crumbs are already packed with flavor! They have fresh garlic and parsley and romano parmesan cheese and are all you need to season this dish. If you use store bought bread crumbs I would recommend adding some parmesan to the mix!
Baked Zucchini Fries
Makes 5-6 servings
Total Time: 35 minutes
2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs
1 cup flour
1/4 cup water
Salt to taste
1. Slice zucchinis in 1/2 inch thick fry-like sticks.
2. Whisk together 2 eggs and 1/4 cup water.
3. Set up 2 plates for dipping – one for the flour and one for the bread crumbs. Spread out the flour and bread crumbs on their plates. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
4. Roll each zucchini piece in flour, dip in egg wash, then roll in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Serve with marinara sauce for dipping. Scrumptious!